Sunday, March 4, 2007


I tried to make my power point less wordy and more based on an image, but I hope it did not come out looking too juvenile. (sorry) I love the idea of Garden Mosaics and I think it has so many opportunities to teach children in a variety of different subjects and involve them in the outdoors. I think it introduces kids to positive role models and shows them aspects of nature that they would not normally encounter living in an urban setting. While I was reading the article, I had a mental image of a child exploring his or her neighborhood as if it were an exciting maze. They encounter the beautiful aspects of nature as well as their welcoming neighbors and learn to interact with others along their journey. I hope that gardening in elementary schools becomes a nation-wide curriculum.

No comments: